Fourth of July Celebration
Thursday, July 4, 2013
Mission Hills Park
551 E. Mission Dr.
6pm to 9pm
Celebrate Independence Day in Henderson with great live entertainment and the time-honored traditional fireworks display! Pack your favorite blanket and come out and enjoy a night of family fun and concessions. Local high school clubs and groups will be selling hot dogs, hamburgers, sno-cones and ice-cream, with all proceeds benefiting the school. Spend your July 4th holiday with us!
|6pm||The Randy Anderson Band|
|6pm||Battle of the Bands Competition|
|7:30pm||Henderson Symphony Orchestra|
- 3-Legged Races
- Gunny Sack Races
- Water Balloon Toss
- Water Cup Brigade
And much much more! Check back for more details.
Nine bands. One Competition. One Winner. The Battle of the Bands returns this year and we are searching for high school talent! Gather your band and rock out in front of a crowd of thousands for your chance at winning a $1,000 Gift Card. Please download the official application and return before Monday, June 17. If you have any questions, please contact us at 267-2171.
The 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament returns this year to our event with more exciting, net swooshing, line driving action. There will be two divisions of competition: Under 18 and Over 18 (boys and girls compete). There will be a max of 8 teams per division. Walk up entries day of event on a first come, first serve basis.
• 2 Divisions - Under 18 and Over 18 (co-ed)
• 8 teams max per division (first come basis)
• 4 players max per team. Each Participant must pay $5.00 entry fee
• Double Elimination Tournament
Registration 5:30pm – 6:30pm
Games 6:30pm – 8:30pm (15 minute intervals)
3 on 3 Basketball Rules
• 3 on 3 – Teams can have up to 4 players maximum, 2 minimum
• Games are 10 minutes long or first team to 11 points by 2’s (3-point arc shot) and 1’s (Any other shot)
• Each team gets 3 fouls. On the 4th foul, the player fouled will get 1 free throw shot regardless of being in shooting motion or not
• All shooting fouls are 1 free throw shot except for on a 3-point arc shot, in which they will be awarded 2 free throw shots
• No “Make it, Take it.”. Teams must clear the ball outside the 3 point arc on all changes of possession
• High School rules apply
• Clock does not stop on fouls
• No timeouts
• Teams may not have coaches
New to this year's event is a Volleyball Tournament, following the success of last year's Basketball Tournament. There will be two divisions of competition: 6 on 6 co-ed and 3 on 3 girls open (any age). There will be a max of 8 teams per division. Applications for participation will be available here soon with a deadline for submission at Tuesday, June 25. Walk ups also welcome based upon availability. Please check back for more details or call 267-2171.
• 2 Divisions – 6 on 6 co-ed open, and 3 on 3 girls open (any age)
• 8 teams max per division
• Walk up registration will be available in the event there are spots open
• Double elimination tournament
• 1 game to 25 points - No cap
• Check in/Registration: Thursday, July 4 from 5:30pm-6:15pm
• 1 time out per game, 1 minute long
• Games start promptly at 6pm
• No on court warm-up. Teams must warm up in the grass area provided before games
• Games are played in the grass
• No warm up between games. Teams must be ready as soon as each game is over
6 on 6 Volleyball Rules
• High school rules apply
• $50 a team (8 player maximum per team)
• A girl must touch the ball once each time ball clears the net with more than one contact
• Net will be co-ed height
3 on 3 Volleyball Rules
• High school rules apply
• $30 a team (4 player maximum per team)
• All players can play the net at all times
Shuttle service will be provided. The shuttle will run continuously throughout the event, starting at 5:30PM. The pick-up locations are as follows:
Foothill High School
800 College Drive
Locations subject to change or cancellation. For additional information, please call 267-2171.
NO glass containers
NO sparklers or fireworks
NO hazardous materials
Schedule is subject to change or cancellation without prior notice. Management reserves all rights.
Would you like to become a sponsor of this amazing event? Please download the official application here. Sponsoring a city of Henderson event is a great way to get your business out there amongst our event participants while showing your support of our events and services. If you have any questions regarding sponsorships, please call 267-2020 or email Debra.Haskell@cityofhenderson.com. In-Kind sponsorships are welcome.