Congratulations to the
2011 ITU Long Course Triathlon World Championship Winners!
Jordan Rapp - United States
Rachel Joyce - Great Britain
Congratulations to U.S. athlete Jordan Rapp and Great Britain's Rachel Joyce, the male and female ITU Long Course Triathlon World Champions.
Approximately 900 athletes from 37 countries and various states competed in the elite triathlon. Due to low temperatures, the particpants had to bypass the swim and begin the race with a 120K bike ride with more than 9,700 feet climbing near Lake Mead Recreational Area and end with a 30K run boasting an additional 2,000 feet elevation gain throughout the hills of Henderson. The race route followed the same path as the popular Nevada Silverman triathlon, a course that has been branded the toughest in the United States.
Top five professional men's results are below:
1. Jordan Rapp - USA - 5:00:15
2. Joel Gambles - AUS - 5:02:57
3. Sylvain Sudrie - FRA - 5:03:23
4. Martin Jensen - DEN - 5:05:23
5. Nicholas Thompson - USA - 5:11:38
Top five professional women’s results are below:
1. Rachel Joyce - GBR - 5:34:15
2. Leanda Cave - GBR - 5:37:35
3. Meredith Kessler - USA - 5:40:45
4. Nikki Butterfield - AUS - 5:44:34
5. Malaika Homo - USA - 5:46:37
It was an honor for Henderson to be the first U.S. city to host this prestigious event in the past 15 years.